Tuesday 14 June 2016

WHERE THE GILS AT? (A SATTIRE)


According to Toke Makinwa, every girl wants to carry a Gucci and Louis Vuitton bag. However, as an adage goes, the end justifies the means. Recently, I got bored and went into a dating programme where I hooked people up for serious relationships, to my utmost surprise with over 20 people I matched only one lady was interested in a serious relationship. What were the rest interested in, you ask me? 'RUNZ'. Yes, Runz.(I did not match make these girls).


What is runz?  Runz can be defined according to Nigerian English as using ones body to get what you want. This is the most basic definition of the term.

While in school as a growing lady, Runz was the prevalent act on campus, those who engaged in this act where the big girls and envy of many. They had the best phones and moved in cliques. They are easily spottable because they always have their skin bleached.

My roommates where runz but they could not be considered as one of the big runz girls. They were just below the ladder in the strata of runz but compared to me that wasn't part of their cliques they were big girls in their own way. They usually talked about yahoo boys they spend time with every weekend and how they went clubbing and late at night had some action. At a point I began to feel left out like I was missing a huge part of life and I was losing a lot of action.

Most times when they come into the room, they do not even look at me because to them I was not in their clique and invariably I was lame.


One Friday night, they got a call from a Lagos big boy,to come meet them up at the club and after that they would head to his house. My roommate was sick that day so she declined to go. Two of her other friends went and promised to give her a detailed account of how it went down that night. Hours and hours after they left there was no call from them. I tried to call them after my roommates started getting scared.

At first their numbers was switched off, thirty minutes latter their phones where not reachable. To cut the long story short, the next day both girls bodies where found outside the school compound. Their breast had been cut and a strong smell emanated from their private part.

The question 'Where the girls at?' is what am thinking of as I write. Indeed it is more profitable to live a long fulfilling life than a short pleasurable life which would lead to destruction. Where are the Chimandas? Indeed I blame the society, because the society is fascinated by gold, but not all that glitters is gold.

A word is enough for the wise....


No comments: